July 4th Safety Tips
- Don’t allow children to ignite or play with fireworks
- Always have a bucket of water or hose nearby
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area
- Drink plenty of water
- Drink even when your not thirsty
- Minimize consumption of alcohol, coffee and soft drinks
- Keep grill away from all buildings
- Always grill in a well ventilated area
- Keep away from children and pets
Protection from the Sun
- The sun is strongest from 10am to 2pm
- Apply and reapply sunscreen
- Use spf 15 to 50+
- Wear sunglasses, most sunglasses block UVA/UVB rays.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July!
Remember adults over 65, children under 4 and anyone with a pre-existing medical condition are more susceptible to heat stroke.