Watch this video to learn movements that will help you check your level of improvement
The best way to check your improvement is to do tests that stress the calf and fascia. These movements should be performed after doing stretch exercise from the first video. You may not be completely pain free performing these tests, but you should notice a difference in how you feel.
You will feel change in some or all of the following:
- Improved flexibility
- Decrease pain in the heel
- Decrease stiffness in the calf and/or arch of the foot
- Increase feeling of balance and stability in the ankle
Here are three exercises that you can use to check your progress
Single leg calf raises
- Stand on the edge of a step on one leg. Go up and down on your toes letting your heel drop below the level of the step before pushing back up onto your toes.
- Repeat 10-20 times on each leg
- This will help you strengthen your calf and improve your balance, which will help you with longer walks or jogging.
- Drop one leg back so that your front foot is flat and your on your toes on the back leg. Squat down to 90 degrees of knee bend on the front leg allowing the back leg to bend as well.
- Come back up to the start position, but do not allow your back leg to touch the ground if possible. This will help challenge your balance and build strength in the muscles of your foot that you are standing on
- It’s okay if you have to put your other foot on the ground to maintain your balance. Just keep working on it trying to maintain your balance as best you can
- Perform 10 -20 times on each leg
Single leg hop
- This is a more advanced movement. You are going to hop up and down 10 times on one foot landing on your toes or the balls of your feet
- Be sure to keep your knee slightly bent and never let it lock out when you land from the hop
I hope you enjoyed the class. Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions about the class. Your feedback is appreciated
One more thing…
If you have any concerns about your symptoms and are serious about getting better….
Speak with me, Bryan Kreitlow directly,
and find out how I can help you STAY pain-free!
Only those who will benefit most will get a
FREE In-Clinic Screen Exam or
a FREE 15-Minute Phone/Skype Consultation
For those who want to stop their pain long-term
Spots are Limited